Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fluff and Circsumstance

My latest projects have been Halloween costumes for my kids. I love to make their costumes! It just makes me think that they're that much cuter when they wear them. Plus, I know that whatever I make them will be original and I won't see some other tot sporting the same haunting digs.

This year Tyce is going to be Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas (see pics here) and Myka is going to be a witch. I really wanted Tyce to be a scarecrow. I'm all about the "classic" costumes for my little ones, but, he is getting a mind of his own and that is what he wanted to be. Well, after we went through the "I want to be a ROCKSTAR" stage for a few weeks (Thanks, Jenny). I'll settle for something that is at least a little more Halloween than a rockstar for my 3-year-old.

So, Saturday was spent doing papier mache to get the form of Tyce's mask ready. I picked up the tulle to finish Myka's costume, but didn't get started on that until last night. I was working on this by myself at first and then Travis decided he would volunteer to help. Which, he later regretted once he realized how transparent single strips of tulle are! But, we finally got it finished. We have a trunk-or-treat tonight so I'll take some pictures to post tomorrow. They're going to be so cute!

2 comments:

mandy said...

Kristin, you are so amazing! You make the rest of us look like a bunch of slackers, but I still love ya! I can't wait to see pics of the kids.

Jess said...

Did you get some good pics? I'm anxious to see them ...

You really ARE so creative. Maybe I should hire you to make my costume next year.